Course StructurePROGRAM FEATURES
|Part A||Foundation of Business|
|1.||Nature and Purpose of Business||20|
|2.||Forms of Business Organisations|
|3.||Public Private and Global Enterprises||18|
|5.||Emerging Modes of Business||12|
|6.||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|7.||Sources of Business Finance||20|
- To develop students with an understanding of the processes of business and its environment.
- To acquaint students with the dynamic nature and inter-dependent aspects of business.
- To develop an interest in the theory and practice of business, trade and industry.
- To familiarize students with theoretical foundations of the process of organizing and managing the operations of a business firm.
- To help students appreciate the economic and social significance of business activity and the social cost and benefits arising there from.
- To acquaint students with the practice of managing the operations and resources of business.
- To enable students to act more effectively and responsibly as consumers, employers, employees and citizens.
- To develop a business attitude and skills in students.
- To inculcate appropriate attitude and develop skills among students to pursue higher education, world of work including self-employment.